Parklife & Urban Afternoon Fri & Sat 27th & 28th March
After the success of Ministry of Sound on the Quay at last year’s Truro Festival Individual Events had a tough job in stepping up – however they have managed to do it this year and then some.
On Friday 27th March Truro High Cross multi-story carpark will be transformed into an urban wonderland that not only Truro, but the whole of the South-West has not seen!
Launching Truro Festival 2015 is PARKLIFE – an urban influenced weekend with more activities than you can shake a stick at, with the highlight of the night being the off location nightclub hosting a silent disco with headphones featuring a host of local and international acts supplied by none other than worldwide music brand MTV.
Club MTV will be bringing down DJ’s REWIRE and VARSKI for your musical enjoyment with headliners THE WIDEBOYS , famous for the international hit SAMBUCA, closing out the evening. Local acts involved will be playing a mix of different genres with Stratus Records opening the night playing their mix of hiphop and dance then FREERANGE DJs and ROLLERS INC going head to head with funk, house and Drum and Bass pounding through your headphones.
Above the nightclub there is also a floor dedicated purely to street art where a selection of the South-west’s best street artists will be creating an urban masterpiece – but that’s not it – there are also boards available for the party-goers to graffiti on and create their own collaborative masterpieces.
As this is a local based event the organisers decided that it should support a local charity so the whole evening will be in aid of LARF Cornwall which raises money for young adults and teenagers undergoing cancer and leukaemia treatments – so not only will you be attending an amazing night but you’ll be contributing to a very worthy cause at the same time.
The night itself is sponsored by Red Bull and Coors Lite so a licenced bar supplied by Zafiros Bar & The Office Nightclub will be on site all night to meet your refreshment needs along with local food outlets too – we are also inviting local lifestyle businesses to attend the event and promote how great our little city is – but that’s not it there will be more elements to the night being released leading up to the event so keep your eye out for updates of what else is there to make this one of the best events Truro has ever seen.
Tickets are now available from http://parklifesilentdisco.eventbrite.co.uk now for just £20 or Zafiros bar in Truro.
Urban afternoon schedule of events
Date: Saturday 28th March
Times: 1pm – 6pm
What we want to do
- An event as part of Truro Festival 2015 that caters for all ages.
- Level 12 to be turned into a skate park in conjunction with Mt Hawke Skate Park and the Cornwall Sports Partnership that can be accessed by patrons and used for a competition.
- An area for street art that is support by a grant from the British Arts Council on level 11.
- A wheelchair basketball court to be created by Cornwall Sports Partnership also on level 11 – all easily removed and will not leave any marks on the car park.
- Area for street dancing and cheerleading competitions and tutorials. On level 10
- On level 10 we will also have pop up shops from the local area.
- An area for adults to socialise while their children utilise the facilities where hot drinks, food and alcoholic beverages can be obtained.
- Individual Events have applied for a premises licence for the area for the entirety of the events
- Truro Festival/Totally Truro/Individual Events will be providing all insurances for this event to take place
- All relevant risk assessments will be carried out prior to the event
- Only reputable contractors with up to date Health & Safety, Public Liability insurances etc will be utilised.
- Outside areas will have crowd control barriers installed to maximise safety.
- Security will be employed to ensure the safety of all patrons.
- Disclaimers will be signed for anything that is necessary.
- Links with Red Bull, Molson Coors, Mt Hawke Skate Park & Cornwall Sports Partnership provide a wealth of information on safety measures.